Summer is a wonderful time to enjoy social gatherings with your loved ones. If you have picnics, barbecues or parties planned this month, be sure to check out our zero-waste entertaining blog, heat up the pan and get ready to impress with this super easy zucchini fritter recipe! Sprinkle with parmesan while they’re still warm and crispy for even more compliments from your guests!
Serves: 2 people (6-7 fritters)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¾ cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream (optional)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Grate the zucchini into a bowl and sprinkle with salt and mix, then let sit for a few minutes. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible using your hands or a clean Produce Bag. Set the zucchini aside in a clean medium-sized bowl.
- Finely chop the onion and add it with the grated zucchini.
- Add the egg, yogurt and season with salt and pepper. Stir well until combined.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder until combined. The mixture will seem a little thick at first, but once you let it sit for 10 minutes, some of the moisture from the zucchini will come out and it will be ideal for cooking.
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Drop about 2 tablespoons of the zucchini mixture in the skillet. Cook until the fritters are firm and golden brown on the bottom. Flip the fritter overs and cook for an additional 2 minutes or so.
- Transfer the fritters to a Swag non-paper towel lined plate to drain any oil.
- Serve with sour cream on the side and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.