Vegetarian Stuffing Balls
Are you entertaining this month? These easy-to-make sage and onion stuffing balls will only take you 25 minutes to prepare and will satisfy and delight both vegetarians and carnivores this festive season!
Serves: 12 balls
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 200 g breadcrumbs
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg (swap for 1 tbsp of flaxseed and 1 tbsp of water mixed together for vegan version)
- 5 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp butter (swap for olive oil for vegan version)
- Vegetable oil (spray)
- 1/7 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 390° Fahrenheit.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, egg, sage leaves and ground pepper to a bowl and mix.
- In a pan, melt the butter, add onion and salt and fry gently on low to medium heat for a minute. Add garlic and stir fro another minute until softened and slightly golden.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool. Once cooled, add the onion to the breadcrumb mixture and mix together with your hands.
- With wet hands, shape 12 balls out of the stuffing mixture.
- Place the balls on a baking paper-lined a tray and lightly spray vegetable oil over the balls.
- Bake the stuffing balls for 20 to 25 minutes, turning halfway, until evenly golden brown.