Vegetarian Stuffed Capsicums
If you have some capsicums left in your Swags, this easy, affordable and nutritious recipe will please the entire household. Choose peppers in a variety of colours for a colourful plate!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 large bell peppers with membranes and seeds scooped out
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 lb ground meat or ground plant-based meat
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese or vegan parmesan (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 356° Farenheit. Line a small baking dish and set aside.
- In a non-stick pan, add some olive oil and place it over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the meat/plant-based meat crumbles and cook until no longer pink. Add the tomatoes, cooked rice, and spices, and stir fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and distribute the mixture amongst the four peppers.
- Place the filled bell peppers into the baking dish and sprinkle with cheese (optional).
- Bake the bell peppers for 10-15 minutes, or until tender.