Lasagna is a wholesome dish that's loved by all. If you're looking for a heart-warming, soul nourishing and belly satisfying recipe, you needn't look any further.The best part about this recipe? It's very adaptable! You can add mushroom, eggplant or any left over veggies you have to the spinach filling!
Tip: Keep your spinach leaves fresh for longer in a Long Swag.
Preparation time: 1h00
- 300g fresh lasagna sheets
- 800g spinach leaves
- 70g unsalted butter
- 50g all-purpose flour
- 800 ml milk
- 200g ricotta cheese
- 90g grated parmesan
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C
- Melt 50g of the butter in a pan and whisk in the flour. Cook for about 2 minutes, then whisk in the milk till smooth. Season with sea salt and ground black pepper, let it simmer for 5 mins. Turn off the heat
- Wilt the spinach with the remaining 20g butter in a pan and cover. Drain and when cool enough, squeeze out the liquid.
- Chop the spinach roughly and mix with the ricotta, add the nutmeg and season to taste
- In a baking dish, oil the base and begin layering - layer the lasagne sheets, spinach then white sauce mixture and parmesan on top. Finish with a layer of pasta topped with sauce and more parmesan
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden