Festive Maple Glazed Dutch Carrots with Macadamia Feta and Pistachios
'Tis the season when we all come together and share good food with great company. So in the spirit of giving, we are thrilled to share with you this drool-worthy, Festive Maple Glazed Dutch Carrots with Macadamia Feta and Pistachios recipe, which was kindly created by our talented friend @kynd.to.all.kinds.
The perfect side dish to share as part of your festive feasts, this recipe is delicious, comforting and satisfying.
approx. 6 sides or 3 larger meals
- 2-3 bunches Dutch carrots (approx. 20)
- 2 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp white pepper (sub for black as needed)
- 2 pinches of salt
- small handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 40 grams pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 cup macadamias, soaked for at least 8 hours or overnight
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tbsp agar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp citric acid
- Blend all ingredients in a high powered blender until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat in a saucepan until the mixture begins to thicken (approx. 140°F). Stir for 1-2 mins.
- Pour into a ceramic dish, brownie tin lined with baking paper or bowl and spread evenly with the back of a spatula. Refrigerate, to set for about 2 hours.
- Cut into cubes and set aside approx. 80 grams. Store remaining feta in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. Alternatively, you can marinade the cubes in a mix of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, herbs, garlic, nutritional yeast and salt.
*Recipe makes approx. 350-400grams of feta and is adapted from Mad Millie Vegan Cheese Kit.
Maple Glazed Dutch Carrots
- Preheat oven to 356°F
- To prepare the Dutch carrots, trim, wash and dry them.
- For the marinade, combine the olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, garlic powder, ginger, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, coat the carrots well in the marinade and lay evenly on 2 large baking trays, lined with a silicone baking sheet or baking paper.
- Roast the carrots for approx. 25-30 minutes or until tender and slightly caramelised.
- Top the roasted carrots with the crumbled macadamia feta and chopped pistachios and parsley. Serve while hot as a side or enjoy as a meal atop rice with a side of greens and crispy tofu.