Creamy, Zesty Vegan Pesto
Pesto is one of the easiest (and tastiest!) sauces to make, and as basil is in season (and our garden in providing a plentiful yield) we thought it no better time to share our simple, vegan pesto recipe (which, if we’re honest, we’ve NAILED). Enjoy this creamy, zesty, cheesy vegan pesto by adding to pasta, pizzas, salads, and sandwiches or even as a dip!
Serves: 8-10 (one serve = approx. 2 x tbsp)
Time: 5 minutes
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup cashews (soaked)
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 cups (packed) basil
- 2 Tbsp lemon
- Pinch salt & pepper (to taste)
- 3 Tbsp water (plus more as needed)
- Add all ingredients except the olive oil and water in a food processor or blender.
- While the motor is still blending (if possible) drizzle in the olive oil until you have a coarse but grainy and consistent paste. Add in the water 1 Tbsp at a time. Check seasoning and add more pepper and salt as desired.
- Store in an airtight jar for up to a week in the refrigerator. You can also freeze for several months and thaw before using.