Creamy Veggie Vegan Pasta Sauce
Did you hear that pasta brand, Barilla is rolling out plastic-free packaging across the UK? Gone are the days of the ubiquitous plastic window, now making their packaging 100% recyclable.
So to celebrate (and let's face it, we can't NOT think of pasta now), we're sharing one of our favourite vegan pasta sauce recipes (so you can avoid the pre-made ones that come in plastic)! It's quick, easy and packed with flavour and healthy omega 3 fats and iron - and will go perfectly with any type of pasta!
Serves: up to 4 people
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- 150g button mushrooms
- 1/2 brown onions
- 100g walnuts
- 1 ripe tomatoes
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 basil leaves (optional)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- Chop all of the vegetables roughly
- Add all the veggies and remaining ingredients (except the oil) to a blender and blend for approximately 30 seconds (full speed if you want it to be super smooth, or for a very short time if you prefer thick and chunky)
- Pace the sauce into a pan with oil and cook on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add to your favourite pasta