Because at Swag HQ we are a sucker for sweets, we’ve decided to share our favorite cherry jam recipe with you Swaggers! This recipe is ideal to drizzle over pancakes, scones, crumpets - you name it!
Serves: 3 half-pint jars
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 3 pounds fully ripe dark sweet cherries
- 1 1.75 ounce package regular powdered fruit pectin
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 5 cups sugar
- Stem, pit and chop cherries
- Put the cherries, pectin, lemon peel, and lemon juice in a pot and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Use a potato masher to smash the cherries while they simmer. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, get rid of the foam.
- Ladle hot jam into hot, sterilized half-pint canning jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace.
- Enjoy warm or cool over your favorite dish (we highly suggest pancakes!)